Hannah Seary (Cerie)
- Sex: F
- Born: ca. 1676 in Oxford, Oxfordshire County, England
- Died: September 23, 1757 in East Nottingham Township, chester County, Pennsylvania
- Notes: Hannah's father, Thomas, was a farrier from Oxford, Oxfordshire, England. He was the first purchaser of 500 acres of land from William Penn. Hannah had a brother, Richard, and three sisters, Mary, Miriam, and Sarah. All of Thomas Seary's children were born in Oxford, Oxfordshire, England. Mary Seary married John Hart in April 21, 1696. Mariam married Thomas Kenton. Hannah came to the "New World" in 1682 with her family. John Churchman traveled with the family at the time. Thomas Seary died in 1683, the first year he was in Pennslyvania. Hannah's mother, Sara, married William Busby after her husband's death.
There is some confusion over the spelling of Hannah's maiden name -- SEARY or CERIE. According to Alice L. Beard, it is spelled SEARY in the Chester Meeting Records and on the ship's passenger list. In "Churchmans of Kentucky" by Charles R. Churchman, he has quotes from the Nottingham Meeting Records. In the earlier records Hannah's maiden name is spelled "SEARY", but in later quotes the spelling was changed to "CERIE".
Father: Thomas Seary, d. 1683
Mother: Sara ???
Family 1: John Churchman, b. ca 1665 in England
1696 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- George Churchman, b. September 13, 1697 in Chester Township, PA
- Dinah Churchman, b. August 7, 1699 in Chester Township, PA
- Susanna Churchman, b. September 13, 1701 in Chester Township, PA
- John Churchman, b. October 29, 1703 -- d. November 8, 1703
- John Churchman, b. August 4, 1705
- Thomas Churchman, b. January 16, 1708
- Miriam Churchman, b. October 25, 1710
- Edward Churchman, b. November 14, 1713
- Sarah Churchman, b. March 17, 1716
- William Churchman, b. January 29, 1720
- Marshall Genealogy Page by John Marshall
- "History of Chester County, Pennsylvania" by Futhey & Cope. Philadelphia 1881. pages 497-498.
- "Churchmans of Kentucky" by Charles R. Churchman. 1988.
- Information about Thomas Seary's family has been contributed by Alice L. Beard
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Vici Churchman