Elijah Churchman, Sr.
- Sex: M
- Born: October 20, 1749 in Nottingham, Chester County, Pennsylvania
- Died: June 25, 1812 in Staunton, Augusta County, VA.
- Notes: In the Nottinham Monthly Meeting Minutes of February 24, 1776, it states that Elijah Churchman, son of William Churchman, and Ann Knight, daughter of William Knight, married "out of meeting" and disowned. To be disowned also meant ostracism. Elijah emigrated to Virginia in 1791 and settled in Augusta County near New Hope on what was later known as the Kemper Place. This was about six miles from Staunton, the county seat. In Pennsylvania he was a tanner and currier, and in Virginia a f
Father: William Churchman, b. January 29, 1720
Mother: Abigail Brown, b. 1724
Family 1: Anna Knight, b. July 20, 1757 in Nottingham, PA -- d. June 20, 1836 in Jefferson County, KY.
1775 in Nottingham, Pennsylvania
- Keziah Churchman, b. March 15, 1776 -- married Mr. Browning and lived at Hillsboro in Albemarle County, VA
- William Churchman, b. February 15, 1778 -- moved West and died there
- Abigail Churchman, b. March 20, 1780 -- married Mr. Allison
- Elijah Churchman, b. October 26, 1782 in Nottingham, PA
- Enoch Churchman, b. June 20, 1787 -- died October 18, 1828 at Chapel Hill Farm in Virginia
- Ann Churchman, b. February 8, 1790
- John Knight Churchman, b. May 31, 1792
- Thomas Churchman, b. June 22, 1794 in Virginia
- Elizabeth Churchman, b. August 17, 1796 in Virginia
- Elisha Churchman, b. 1799 -- d. 1819 in Virginia
- George Churchman, b. August 12, 1801 -- moved West -- died December 24, 1848 in Franklin County, Ohio
- 1990 Kentucky Ancestors, vol. 25 issue 3 "Roster of First Kentucky Ancestors"
- Virginia Military Institute Class of 1845 Roster
- "Churchmans of Kentucky" by Charles R. Churchman
- Research by Patricia Churchman
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Vici Churchman