- Sex: F
- Born: October 27, 1742
- Died: May 22, 1757 in E. Nottingham, Chester Co., Pennsylvania
- Buried: May 24, 1757 in E. Nottingham, Chester Co., Pennsylvania
- Notes: According to Marshall Genealogy, Esther was killed by Indians at the age of 14.
In the book "Births, Deaths, and Marriages of the Nottingham Quakers 1680-1889", the account of Esther's death reads as follows:
"She received her death in the house of William Chandlee in East Nottingham by a shock of electrical fluid from the clouds. She was buried at East Nottingham on the 24th. A solemn meeting was held on the occasion.
John Hunt, a minister from Great Britain, attended."
Father: James Brown, b. ca 1712 -- d. April 2, 1772 -- son of William Brown
Mother: Miriam Churchman, b. October 25, 1710 in Chester County, PA
- "Births, Deaths, and Marriages of the Nottingham Quakers 1680-1889" by Alice L. Beard
- Marshall Genealogy Page by John Marshall
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Vici Churchman