William C. Churchman
- Sex: M
- Born: March 22, 1751 in Penn.
- Died: March 6, 1814
- Notes: William bought 130 acres of land along the Holston River in Jefferson County, Tennessee, from Edward West in 1797.
There is no solid evidence that the John Wesley Churchman mentioned here is the son of William and Mary Churchman, but here are the known facts:
- William and Mary did have a son named John.
- John Wesley was born in 1774 in Virginia. This is the year after William and Mary married and one year before their second child was born. Their second child was born in Virginia.
- John Wesley bought land along the Holston River in Tennessee in the same vicinity and time frame as William.
Father: William Churchman, b. January 29, 1721
Mother: Abigail Brown, b. 1724 -- d. February 14, 1798
Family 1: Mary Wilson, b. 1755 in Virginia
August 10, 1773
- John Wesley Churchman, b. 1774 in Virginia
- Reuben Churchman, b. July 7, 1775 in Culpepper County, VA.
- Stephen Churchman, b. ca 1785
- James Churchman, b. 1787 in Virginia
- Joseph Churchman, b. ca 1790
- Family History Library Catalog by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ( in the Knoxville Library in Knoxville, Tennessee)
- Jefferson County Deed Records Vol. D, Pg. 72 and Vol. Q, Pg. 28.
- Research by Jim Gray
- 1830 Tennessee Census
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Vici Churchman