- Sex: F
- Born: December 17, 1760 in East Nottingham, Cecil County, Maryland
- Died: October 26, 1837 at Eastland, Lancaster County, PA
- Buried: At Eastland, Lancaster County, PA on the 28th day
- Notes: Here is a tribute to Margaret, George, Joseph, and Hannah Churchman from James Trimble (written in 1885):
"I am indebted in a great part for what little literary taste and general knowledge I possess to the association from youth up with these excellent women. The Churchman Home at Nottingham had been for generations the resort of people of note. Foreign, as well as native, attracted thither by the funds of information found there on most subjects of human interest. Margaret and Hannah Churchman were happy to have their young friends around them enjoying the mutual benefits of social
intercourse which always tended in the direction of useful development in the your and in those of more mature age." "I have felt it my duty to leave on record this tribute to the memory of Margaret, George, Joseph, and Hannah Churchman in whose friendship and interest my early life was spent."
Margaret and her brother, George, constituted an unbroken line through the fourth generation of zealous Members of the Society of Friends. Both of them were unmarried and lived in the Churchman homestead until George's death in the spring of 1837. After George died, Margaret moved to the house of their nephew, Dr. Edward Chandlee at Eastland Lane County, PA.
Father: George Churchman, b. August 28, 1730 in Chester County, PA
Mother: Hannah James, b. January 11, 1728 -- d. October 16, 1789 -- daughter of Mordecai James and Gainer Lloyd
- "Descendants of Sarah Lloyd and Gainor Lloyd" by John J. Parker, The Chester County Historical Society, West Chester, PA.
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Vici Churchman