- Sex: M
- Born: March 12, 1755 in East Nottingham, Cecil County, Maryland
- Died: March, 1830 in Philadelphia, PA
- Notes: Mordecai became connected with a bank in the city of Philadelphia. He was Cashier. He discharged this responsible position with ability and satisfaction to all.
According to "Descendants of Sarah Lloyd and Gainor Lloyd": Sarah West Churchman died April 6, 1851 at her home in Germantown in her 84th year. Few women have left a more fragrant memory than the Mrs. Sarah Churchman, whose death occurred at Germantown on Sunday last. Steadfast in her attachment to the Society of Friends of which she was a consistent and exemplary member.
She had unfeigned Charity towards all who possess the Spirit and Manifest the temper of the Saviour. She was a faithful and loving wife, an affectionate and devoted mother, prompt and centering in offices of neighborly kindness, full of sympathy for the sick, the depressed and the poor and forgetful of herself in her forwardness to minister to the food of others. It is not surprising that her death should have sundered many tender ties and filled many hearts with sorrow. In the various changes of her life (and they were not few), she evinced the faith and patience of a Child of God, and in her final change, she felt the sustaining power of His Grace. In the ripeness of a good old age, she has left us, but the memory of her Christian deportment will long remain.
Father: George Churchman, b. August 28, 1730 in Chester County, PA
Mother: Hannah James, b. January 11, 1728 -- d. October 16, 1789 -- daughter of Mordecai James and Gainer Lloyd
Family 1: Sarah West, d. April 5, 1851 -- daughter of Charles and Sarah West of Philadelphia, PA.
June 2, 1790 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Hannah Churchman, b. May 5, 1791 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- died unmarried in Germantown
- Mary Churchman, b. March 31, 1793 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- d. September, 1798
- Margaret Churchman, b. October 4, 1796 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- died unmarried in Germantown
- Charles W. Churchman, b. February 24, 1802 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- "Descendants of Sarah Lloyd and Gainor Lloyd" by John J. Parker, The Chester County Historical Society, West Chester, PA.
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Vici Churchman