Thomas Alexander Churchman
Loren, Adrian, and Mayme Churchman (top row)
Nannie Elizabeth and Thomas A. Churchman holding Lowell (bottom row)
- Sex: M
- Born: October 28, 1871 near Jefferson City, Tennessee
- Died: March 15, 1953 in Springfield, Missouri
- Buried: March 18, 1953 at 2:00 funeral services were held in the Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church. Interment was in the Pleasant Ridge Cemetery.
- Notes: Thomas moved to Polk County, Missouri in 1888. Almost all the remaining years of his life were spent in this community. The last few months of his life, he made his home with his daughter and her husband, Mayme and Virgil Pfeiffer in Springfield, Missouri. Many years ago he was converted and united with the Mt. Zion Baptist Church.
According to Lowell, his father (Thomas Alexander Churchman) and Thomas' father (William Montgomery Churchman) arrived in Missouri from Tennessee with only one dollar between them. It was a 1879 silver dollar and is currently (1998) in the possession of Lowell Churchman. William and Thomas went to Missouri because William's oldest daughter, Rachel, had settled there with her family.
Father: William Montgomery Churchman, b. April 13, 1816 in Grainger County, Tennessee
Mother: Mary Jane Kinder, b. June 11, 1827 in Tennessee -- d. May 7, 1875 in Tennessee
Family 1: Luella Murray, b. March 27, 1874 -- d. October 11, 1906 -- buried in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, Aldrich, MO
March 31, 1895 at Aldrich, Missouri
- Ora Adrian Churchman, b. February 13, 1896
- Mayme Nelson Churchman, b. September 2, 1900
- Loren Murray Churchman, b. 1902
Family 2: Nannie Elizabeth Vincent, b. April 4, 1877 -- d. September 6, 1957 -- buried in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, Aldrich, MO
December 24, 1911 at Aldrich, Missouri
- Lowell V. Churchman, b. September 13, 1915 near Aldrich, Missouri
- Thomas A. Churchmanís Obituary
- Research by Dale Churchman
- Picture contributed by Martha Dunn
- Research by Jim T. Churchman
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Vici Churchman