Samuel Thomas Churchman
Left Rear: Richard L. and Joni Evelyn Meredith, Oma LaVaughn O'Dell,
Hazel Frances and David Robert Liverett
Left Front: Oma Ruby, Mary F., and Samuel T. Churchman, and Dona Mae Everite
Front: Samuel Gordon O'Dell --- (Picture taken on Mother's Day 1940)
(Click on picture for larger image...)
- Sex: M
- Born: 1876 in Dyersburg, Tennessee
- Died: after 1950 in DeQueen, Arkansas
- Buried: Redmen Cemetery in DeQueen, Arkansas
- Notes: Samuel was quite young when he married. It appears that his wife, Mary Frances (Frannie), had been married once before. In the "www.familysearch.org" Mary Pool married a William Young in Mississippi in 1880. Then the marriage records in Lamar County, Texas, shows a marriage record for Samuel T. Churchman and Fannie Young on January 5, 1891.
In 1950 Mary F. Churchman's obituary lists her survivors to be her husband, S.T. Churchman; two daughters, Mrs. John Everite and Mrs. Grover Parker both of De Queen; two son, I.C. Churchman of Texarkana, and Ed Churchman of DeQueen; 12 grandchildren, and 10 great-grandchildren.
There are several members of the Churchman family buried in the Redmen Cemetery. Sam and Mary Frances lie in unmarked graves beside their youngest son, Willie. Willie burned to death after a customer in his gasoline service station (in Louisiana) struck a match to check the gas tank in the car he was filling. The grave marker reads "Our Loved One Willie Churchman 1904 - 1933".
Father: William H. Churchman, b. August 18, 1838 in Jefferson County, Tennessee
Mother: Annie E. ??, b. ca 1851 in Tennessee
Family 1: Mary Frances Poole, b. August 17, 1864 in Middlow, Tennessee -- d. 1950 in DeQueen, Arkansas -- buried Redmen Cemetery in DeQueen, Arkansas
- Married: January 5, 1891 in Lamar County, Texas
- Iria Cleburn Churchman, b. November 25, 1891 in Marietta, Love County, Indian Territory
- John Edward Churchman, b. April 27, 1894 in Marietta, Love County, Indian Territory
- Dona Mae Churchman, b. May 4, 1896
- Oma Ruby Churchman
- Willie Churchman, b. 1904 -- d. 1933
- Research by Nancy Kinman
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Vici Churchman