Sarah Tennessee Churchman
Joseph Azor and Sarah T. Churchman
taken shortly after their marriage in 1880
(This picture is copied from a tintype photo.)
- Sex: F
- Born: October 10, 1868 in Jefferson County, Tennessee
- Died: July 3, 1937 in Cooke County, Texas
- Buried: Valley View Cemetery, Valley View, Cooke County, Texas
- Notes: Sarah's nickname was Tennie. Tennie was Joseph A. Bone's third wife. He married two sisters previously, and both had died. Joseph was quite a bit older than Tennie. Joseph and Tennie's first child was Walter William Bone.
According to Stephie Bone, Walter caught pneumonia after fighting a prairie fire and died at the early age of 22.
One story about Joseph is that one day, in order to beat a rival to his girl friend's house, he put his clothes on his head and swam across the White River at Batesville, Arkansas.
Joseph had one son from a previous marriage, named Edgar Walter Bone, born October, 1880. Edgar died of typhoid fever.
Father: William H. Churchman, b. August 18, 1838 in Jefferson County, Tennessee
Mother: Annie E. ??, b. ca 1851 in Tennessee
Family 1: Joseph Azor Bone, b. March 9, 1851 in Washington Township, Independence County, Arkansas -- d. March 8, 1923 in Hastings, Oklahoma -- buried in Waurika, Jefferson County, Oklahoma
November 19, 1884 in Tarrant County, Texas by A. J. Hallford
- Walter William Bone, b. June 19, 1886 in Tarrant County, Texas -- d. September 11, 1908 in Texas -- buried in Valley View Cemetery, Valley View, Cooke County, Texas
- Annie Olive Bone, b. April 23, 1888 in Tarrant County, Texas
- Beauforte Albert Bone, b. March 15, 1890 in Grapevine, Texas
- Stephie Alexander Bone, b. December 14, 1891 in Tarrant County, Texas
- Sidney Bernie Bone, b. December, 1893 in Tarrant County, Texas
- Jennie Auretta Bone, b. October, 1896 in Gainesville, Texas
- Laura Ona Bone, b. August 14, 1899 in Tarrant County, Texas -- d. January 8, 1972 in Grand Prairie, Texas -- buried in Valley View Cemetery, Valley View, Cooke County, Texas
- Roy Clifford Bone, b. July 28, 1901 in Cooke County, Texas
- Gladys Lorena Bone, b. December 3, 1906 in Era, Cooke County, Texas
- Interview with Ruby Churchman
- Research by Sandra Pryor (grand-daughter of Stephie Bone)
- Picture contributed by Sandra Pryor
- Joseph A. Bone's Death Certificate and Joseph and Sarah T. Bone's Marriage License
- Texas 1900 and 1910 Census Records
- Research on Valley View Cemetery by Norman Newton
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Vici Churchman