Ruby Ethel Churchman
Ross McClure, monkey biting Glyn Churchman's leg,
Bobby Churchman, Ruby McClure, and Wayne Churchman
- Sex: F
- Born: July 14, 1907 in Texas (Franklin or Red River Counties)
- Died: April, 1992 in Bogata, Texas in Red River County
- Buried: at Bogata Cemetery in Bogata, Texas
- Notes: Ruby lived with her Aunt Daisie Clevenger Foster in Virginia for awhile to attend high school. She did not graduate, but had a good education (according to Lula Mae). Ross McClure worked laying pipelines. He and Ruby moved around the country with his work until they returned to Bogata, Texas. Ross and Ruby owned and operated a Gulf Service Station beside their home in Bogata for many years. They had no children but enjoyed their nieces and nephews.
They liked to travel and displayed many souvenirs from their trips in their home in Bogata. They enjoyed pets -- they kept parrots and a variety of other birds and at one time had a pet monkey.
Father: John Blackburn Churchman, b. January 3, 1875 in Jefferson County, Tennessee
Mother: Vinnie Clevenger, b. May 8, 1881 in Morristown, Tennessee -- d. June 10, 1943 in Red River County, Texas -- buried in the Bogata Cemetery, Bogata, Texas -- daughter of George Henry Clevenger and Mahala D. Clark
Family 1: Ross McClure, b. October 28, 1895 -- d. May, 1979 in Bogata, Texas
November 20,1926 in Amarillo, Texas
- Interview with Ruby Churchman
- Grave stone in Bogata Cemetery
Please send corrections, additions or comments to Vici Churchman